Sometimes grownups need to take hot chocolate to the next level.......this would be that level.
- 1 cup whole milk
- 6 oz really good dark chocolate (I use the dark baker’s chocolate squares)
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 oz Buttershotsfresh whipped cream
- chocolate chips
- shaved chocolate
- homemade marshmallows
- In a small saucepan over medium heat warm the milk. Be sure watch so it doesn’t scald! When you see steam rising from the milk, break up the dark chocolate squares and add them to the milk. Stir the chocolate until it’s completely melted. Add 1 tablespoon of granulated sugar and taste for sweetness. If you want sweeter, then add the rest of the sugar. Stir in Buttershots.
- Pour hot cocoa into mug and top with your favorite toppings: I like to go all out with whipped cream, chocolate chips, a little shaved chocolate and homemade marshmallow for good measure.
Have you made this recipe?I'd love to know! Leave a comment or recipe rating and tag me @amenuforyou on social media!