If you don't know about the Meyer lemon, then you must learn now. It is a cross between a regular lemon and a mandarin. It's the creamiest, tart yet sweet, concoction.
Meyer Lemon White Chocolate Tart
No ratings yet
Total Time: 1 hour hour 40 minutes minutes
- 1 pre-baked tart shell
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 large eggs, plus 1 egg yolk
- 3/4 cup fresh Meyer lemon juice
- 2 sticks + 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 sheet gelatin
- 2 ounces white chocolate
- 3/4 cup chilled whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- candied lemon slices
- Cut butter into tablespoon-sized pieces and let come to room temperature.
- Whisk together the sugar and eggs in medium heat-safe mixing bowl or double boiler pan. Stir in the lemon juice.
- Place over a medium saucepan of water to create a double-boiler. Heat on medium.Whisking continuously,cook the lemon mixture until it reaches 180 degrees F. Be sure to keep stirring to prevent the eggs from scrambling.
- Meanwhile, fill a measuring cup or bowl with ice cold water. Add in gelatin sheet and allow to bloom (about 5-8 minutes).
- Once lemon mixture thickens and reaches 180 degrees, remove from heat. Strain into a medium bowl.
- Squeeze out water from the gelatin sheet and whisk into the hot lemon cream. If you feel that the lemon cream may not be warm enough any longer, temper the gelatin with about 1/3 of the cream first, then add into the bowl.
- Let cool about 5-8 minutes or so and transfer cream into a food processor or blender.
- Adding the butter a few pieces at a time, blend the mixture on high.
- Transfer cream to a medium container. Press a piece of plastic wrap to the surface of the cream, and let thicken in the refrigerator for about 4 hours, or over night.
- When ready to assemble, give the cream a quick stir and spoon into the tart shell. Return to the refrigerator until just before serving.
- For the White Chocolate Whipped Cream, place white chocolate and 2 tablespoons whipping cream in a small saucepan.
- Gently heat until chocolate starts to melt. Remove from heat and stir until combined. Let cool.In a separate container, whisk together the remaining cream with the vanilla and sugar until medium-stiff peaks.
- Mix together about 1/3 of the whipped cream with the cooled, melted white chocolate.
- Gently fold in white chocolate mixture to the remaining cream.
- When ready to serve, top slices of lemon tart with whipped cream and candied lemon slices.
Have you made this recipe?I'd love to know! Leave a comment or recipe rating and tag me @amenuforyou on social media!