If your family likes breakfast for dinner as much as mine does, than they'll love this cheesy frittata filled with mushrooms and leeks. It's a one dish meal that comes together fast and will disappear quickly.
Mushroom, Leek and Fontina Frittata
No ratings yet
Total Time: 1 hour hour 5 minutes minutes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 medium leeks, whites and pale green parts only, chopped
- 8 ounces crimini mushrooms, thinly sliced (or your favorite mushroom: button, white, shiitake)
- 12 large eggs
- 1/2 cup crème fraîche or sour cream
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped Italian flat-leaf parsley
- 3/4 cup shredded Fontina cheese, divided (you could also use Parmesan or Gruyere)
- Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
- Place a rack in upper third of oven and preheat oven to 350°. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a 10-inch nonstick ovenproof skillet over medium heat. It’s important to make sure your skillet is oven proof because you are going to start the frittata on the stove and then finish in the oven. Add leeks and cook, stirring often, until softened, about 5 minutes. Once the leeks are softened, add mushrooms and cook, stirring often, until softened and all liquid has evaporated, about 8-10 minutes.
- While the mushrooms are cooking whisk eggs, crème fraîche, and parsley in a large bowl; mix in 1/2 cup cheese. Season with a pinch (or two) of salt and pepper.
- Add the remaining oil to the skillet with the leeks and mushrooms; increase the heat to medium-high. Pour the egg mixture over the leek/mushroom mixture and gently tilt the pan to evenly distribute mixture. Cook the frittata, without stirring, until its edges begin to set, about 5 minutes. You will be able to tell the edges are setting when they start to pull away from the edge of the skillet.
- When the edges start to set, sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup cheese over eggs and transfer skillet to oven.
- Bake frittata until golden brown and center is set, 25-30 minutes.
- Recipe from The Bon Appetit Test Kitchen
Have you made this recipe?I'd love to know! Leave a comment or recipe rating and tag me @amenuforyou on social media!