Sweet pear, peppery arugula combined with pungent goat cheese.
Pear, Goat Cheese and Arugula Tartlet
No ratings yet
Total Time: 40 minutes minutes
- I sheet pufffed pastry
- 3 thin slices of serrano ham, torn into strips
- 4 ounces goat cheese, at room temperature
- 3 ounces heavy cream
- 3 bosc pears, firm and just beginning to be ripe, you want them sweet but firm
- a handful of arugula
- extra virgin olive oil
- balsamic vinegar
- sea salt and fresh ground pepper
- Roll the dough out the puffed pastry to about a 3/8 inch thickness and then cut it into four 4 x 6 inch squares. Place the squares onto a parchment lined sheet tray. Roll about a 1/4 inch of each side of each crust up and over onto itself an pinch the corners to hold them in place. This creates a lip.
- For the filling: Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Take two of the pears and cutting lengthwise, cut two 3/8 inch pieces from the center portion of the pear. Usually you can get two pieces from one pear so the third pear is just in case. Core the pears as necessary. Now combine the goat cheese and the cream and mix it till it is creamy and spreadable. Season it with a touch of salt and some fresh ground white pepper. Remember the serrano is salty so not to much salt.
- Lay strips of serrano ham onto the tart crusts and then spread the cheese over it. Lay a pear slice on top of each tartlet, brush the pears with olive oil and season them with salt and pepper and then slide the sheet tray into the hot oven. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Toss the arugula with a sprinkle of balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Season the arugula with a pinch of salt.
- When your timer goes off top each tartlet with some of the arugula and then bake the tartlets for another 11 minutes or until browned nicely.Let the tarts cool and then serve at room temperature.
Have you made this recipe?I'd love to know! Leave a comment or recipe rating and tag me @amenuforyou on social media!