Sweet and spicy pork is topped off with this perfect tangy creamy cole slaw making this a mouth watering, "need to go back for seconds" kinda dinner.
Pulled Pork Sandwiches with Homemade Coleslaw
No ratings yet
Total Time: 1 day day 8 hours hours
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 boneless pork shoulder (about 4 to 4 1/2 pounds)
- 4 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup paprika
- 2 to 3 sprigs thyme, leaves only
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cayenne
- 6 brioche hamburger buns
- 1/4 bunch flat-leaf parsley, for garnish
- Place the pork, fat side up, in a large bowl or pyrex dish. In a food processor combine the salt, pepper, brown sugar, paprika, thyme leaves, garlic, vinegar, and cayenne. Pulse several times until well combined. Through the tube of the food processor, slowly add extra-virgin olive oil in a steady stream until you have a nice paste.
- Rub spice mixture all over the pork. This is really best done with your hands….it’s the most thorough and efficient way to get the mixture into all the nooks and crevices. Cover the pork with plastic wrap and marinate in the refrigerator for a minimum of 3 hours or overnight.
- Don’t marinate longer than overnight or the salt will start to breakdown the pork too much. Place the meat in your slow cooker, and cook for 6-8 hours. You can also cook it on a rack in a roasting pan in your oven at 325 degrees for 3 ½ hours.
- When the meat is done, remove it from your slow cooker or pan, set it on a cutting board and let it rest for about 10 minutes. Then take two large serving forks and gently shred the pork. You can put it back in your slow cooker to keep warm, or serve it immediately on the rolls with cole slaw and garnish with parsley.
Have you made this recipe?I'd love to know! Leave a comment or recipe rating and tag me @amenuforyou on social media!