There's a very famous well known restaurant in Seattle that is the definition of a special occasion destination. I think they're as well known for their salad as they are for their impeccable service, magical views and mysterious valet service.
If you know, you know.
And if you don't, here's a salad recipe that will become your new favorite.
Don't let the coddled eggs stop you from making the dish -- you're gently cooking the eggs so the dressing doesn't have raw eggs.
If you don't know how to coddle an egg head over HERE.
Here's a great recipe to make homemade croutons
Seattle Salad (Side Dish)Print Grocery List Print Recipe
- 1 teaspoon salt
- large head Romaine hearts, cut into 1” squares
- (Wash individual leaves in warm water, drain and dry in colander and refrigerate.)
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup thinly sliced green onion
- ¾ cup freshly grated Romano cheese
- ¾ cup chopped bacon, cooked
- ½ cup thinly sliced fresh mint*
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced oregano leaves
- ½ cup homemade croutons
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 coddled egg
To make the dressing, put the salt, pepper, lemon juice, oil, and coddled egg in a bowl and whisk vigorously, then reserve.
In a salad bowl, add the prepared romaine, green onion, cheese, bacon, croutons, oregano, and mint.
Pour dressing over salad and toss thoroughly.
'Arrange the salad onto chilled plates and finish with cherry tomatoes.