This is a simple bundt cake, but don't let that fool you. It's light and airy with a hint of vanilla and asks, politely, to be served whenever you feel like a little something sweet. Coffee or tea, optional.
Vanilla Bean Bundt Cake
No ratings yet
Total Time: 1 hour hour 10 minutes minutes
- Nonstick vegetable oil spray
- 1 teaspoon bourbon
- 1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup plus 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¼ cup (packed) golden brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large egg yolk
- ½ cup buttermilk
- ⅔ cup powdered sugar
- 4 teaspoons whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1½ pounds strawberries, hulled, sliced
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- Position rack in center of oven and preheat to 325 degrees.Butter and flour a standard Bundt pan. Pour bourbon into small bowl. Scrape seeds from vanilla bean into bourbon; stir to blend well and set aside.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, and salt in medium bowl to blend. Using electric mixer, beat butter and both sugars in large bowl until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add both eggs and the yolk one at a time, beating after each addition until well blended. Add bourbon-vanilla mixture. Add ½ the flour mixture, beating until just incorporated, then add the buttermilk, beat until just incorporated, following with the remaining flour mixture and, again, beating until just incorporated.
- Transfer batter to prepared pan; smooth top. Bake cake until tester inserted near center comes out clean, about 55 minutes. Cool in pan on rack 15 minutes. Invert cake onto rack and cool completely.
- Whisk powdered sugar, 4 teaspoons milk, and vanilla in small bowl to blend, adding more milk by ¼ teaspoonful if glaze is too thick to drizzle. Place cake on a plate, platter or cake stand. Using spoon, drizzle glaze over cake in zigzag pattern. Let cake stand at room temperature until glaze sets, about 15 minutes.
- Recipe from Bon Appetit
Have you made this recipe?I'd love to know! Leave a comment or recipe rating and tag me @amenuforyou on social media!