This is the perfect breakfast on the go, afternoon snack or even dessert!
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup olive or vegetable oil
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
- 1 cup chocolate chips (if you want a healthier version, feel free to substitute dried cranberries)
- Yield: 2 loaves or approximately 24 muffins
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour two 8×4 inch loaf pans. Make sure you use lots of butter and the pans are well greased, so your bread doesn’t stick to the pan. If you’re making muffins, line 24 muffin cups with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs with a whisk. Mix in oil and sugar, then zucchini and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, baking powder and salt, as well as nuts, and chocolate chips.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the egg mixture. Divide the batter into prepared pans.
- Bake loaves for about 40 - 60 minutes. When a tester is inserted, it should come out dry. If you making muffins they will be done much sooner, approximately 20 to 25 minutes.
- Let the loaves (or muffins) cool in their containers for about 10 minutes on cooling racks before removing.
- From Smitten Kitchen
Have you made this recipe?I'd love to know! Leave a comment or recipe rating and tag me @amenuforyou on social media!