This traditional recipe combines olives, capers, basil plus another secret ingredient to make a quick flavorful tapenade. Serve it with fish, grilled chicken or your favorite cheese and crackers. This easy dish comes together in less than 10 minutes!
- 1/2 pound pitted mixed olives
- 2 anchovy fillets, rinsed
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 2 to 3 fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
Thoroughly rinse the olives in cool water. Place all ingredients in the bowl of a food processor. Process to combine, stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl, until the mixture becomes a coarse paste, approximately 1 to 2 minutes total.
Transfer to a bowl and serve with your favorite crackers.
Recipe courtesy of Alton Brown