Chicken burgers can be boring and bland, but not these thai burgers that get an extra kick from red chili and garlic. You can easily control the spice by how much chili you add, so you can make them either Spice Level 10 or a more subtle Spice Level 1.
Thai Chicken BurgersPrint Grocery List Print Recipe
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 2 garlic cloves, very finely minced
- 2/3 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 shallots, very finely minced
- 1 teaspoon extremely finely minced red chili (feel free to add more or less depending on how much spice you like)
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- ½ teaspoon coarse sea salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola, grapeseed or safflower oil
In a large bowl, combine the chicken with the garlic, cilantro, shallots, red chili, fish sauce, salt and pepper. Using your hands, mix just until the ingredients come together. I find using hands, although messy, is definitely better than using a spoon.
Form the mixture into 4 burgers. Heat your grill or grill pan over medium heat. Brush each side of the burgers with some oil and grill for about 7 minutes per side. You want each side to have nice grill marks and be firm to the touch.
From It’s All Good, Gwyneth Paltrow