Packed with flavor and grilled to perfection
Asian Grilled Chili Lime Chicken Wings
No ratings yet
Total Time: 30 minutes minutes
- ½ medium onion, roughly chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers (or 1 serrano pepper), ribs and seeds removed
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- ½ cup cilantro, tightly packed
- Freshly ground pepper
- Zest from 2 limes
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 pounds chicken wings
- 1-2 tablespoons melted fat of choice
- 4 limes, cut into wedges
- Toss the onion, peppers, garlic, cilantro, ground pepper, lime zest and juice, fish sauce, and soy sauce into a blender, and puree.
- Marinate the chicken in the fridge for at least 2 hours or up to 8 hours. Don’t marinade the wings longer than 8 hours because the acid will make the meat mushy.
- Take the wings out of the refrigerator 30 minutes before you intend to cook them.
- Cook the wings over medium-hot coals (or with gas grill burners set to medium) for about 15 - 20 minutes, turning once, until the fat has rendered and the skin turns crisp and golden.
Have you made this recipe?I'd love to know! Leave a comment or recipe rating and tag me @amenuforyou on social media!