Full of flavor and the nuts add great texture.
Curry Chicken with Almonds
No ratings yet
Total Time: 1 hour hour 35 minutes minutes
For the butter/spice bath:
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 5 bone-in skinless chicken breasts
- 3/4 cup slivered almonds
- 4 oz. sliced mushrooms
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup flour
- flourMix together butter and spices. Reserve 1 tablespoon butter and mix ith bread crumbs, set aside.
- Dip chicken breast in seasoned butter, then roll in flour. Place in shallow baking dish.
- Top with remaining butter, mushrooms and almonds. Pour broth between chicken pieces, cover and bake at 350 for one hour.
- Un-cover and spoon our 3/4 cup juices and blend with sour cream. Pour sour cream and butter mixture over chicken and sprinkle with seasoned bread crumbs. Bake uncovered for 15 more minutes.
- Serve with Steamed Rice.
Have you made this recipe?I'd love to know! Leave a comment or recipe rating and tag me @amenuforyou on social media!