These cheesy herb baked eggs are an "egg"cellent way to start your morning! Easy to make and filled with fresh herbs and gooey cheese. An added bonus is you also can make them ahead of time! You can serve them with toasty bread slathered with butter and jam, or with a side of roasted potatoes.
However you serve them, you're family will love them!!
WHAT KIND OF HERBS CAN YOU USE?
I get this question all the time, so I thought I'd list ALL the different cheese you can use in these baked eggs.
The short list is: you can use pretty much ANY cheese!
- Goat Cheese
- Sharp Cheddar
- Pecorino Romano
- White Cheddar
- Monterey Jack
You can even use a cheese with a bit of a kick, like havarti.
CAN YOU ADD OTHER HERBS?
YES! Chives, Oregano, Tarragon, Dill and Basil would all work, too! Here are some tasty combos!
- Chives, Dill, Parsley
- Rosemary, Thyme, Chives
- Tarragon, Chives, Parsley
- Basil, Parsley, Thyme, Chives
- Cilantro, Parsley, Chives
CAN YOU BAKE THESE AHEAD OF TIME?
You can prep them all the way up until you put them in the oven. They'll sit for 5-10 minutes just fine, but any longer than that and they'll cool off too much. You want them to be nice and hot with melty cheese, so bake them right before serving.
TIME SAVING TIPS
THE DAY BEFORE
- Wash and chop your herbs the day before and store in sealed container in your fridge
- Mince up your garlic the day before and store in a container in your fridge
- Grate all your cheese and store in your fridge
THE DAY OF
- Crack the eggs in 2 ramekins (2 eggs in each) and store, covered in your fridge
- Put the herbs, garlic and all the cheeses in one medium bowl
OTHER EGG RECIPES
SMASHED AVOCADO TOMATO TOAST WITH POACHED EGG
MUSHROOM, LEEK AND FONTINA FRITTATA
SPINACH SAUSAGE MUSHROOM FRITTATA