Green Beans with Roquefort and Walnuts (Side Dish)
No ratings yet
Total Time: 15 minutes minutes
- 1 pound fresh, tender green beans
- 4 strips thick-sliced bacon
- 4 ounces Roquefort cheese, crumbled
- 1 1/2 cups walnut halves, toasted
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil. Add the beans. Simmer for about 3 minutes, so they are tender but still have a slight crunch. You don’t want to over blanch or they will be mushy. When they’re done drain in a colander and rinse with cold water. Set aside.
- Cut the bacon slices into 1/4 inch strips. In a medium skillet over medium high heat, cook the bacon slices until fully cooked and crispy. Remove with a slotted spoon and place on a plate lined with paper towels. Don’t pour out the bacon grease!
- In the same skillet you cooked the bacon, add the green beans and heat over medium low, about 2 minutes. Toss with Roquefort until the cheese starts to melt, about 20 seconds. Sprinkle with the walnuts and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately
Have you made this recipe?I'd love to know! Leave a comment or recipe rating and tag me @amenuforyou on social media!