Classic Cuban Cocktail
- 4 tablespoons (2 ounces) fresh lime juice
- 4 teaspoons heaping superfine sugar
- 2 cups crushed ice
- 24 fresh mint leaves, plus 5 small sprigs for garnish
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) white rum
- 4 tablespoons (2 ounce) club soda
- In 10-ounce glass (such as Collins or highball), stir together lime juice and sugar until sugar dissolves. Add 1/4 cup crushed ice. Rub mint leaves over rim of glass, then tear leaves in half and add to glass.
- Gently stir for 15 seconds, then add rum, remaining crushed ice, and club soda. Gently stir for 5 seconds, then tuck mint sprigs into top of glass and insert tall straw.
Have you made this recipe?I'd love to know! Leave a comment or recipe rating and tag me @amenuforyou on social media!