Frittatas are a great addition to any brunch spread. This has salty pancetta and potatoes that add a bit of heft, combined with fresh basil and Parmesan cheese.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ onion, chopped
- 1 (15-ounce) potato, peeled and cut into ½-inch cubes
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 large eggs
- ¼ cup whipping cream
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 ounces sliced pancetta (1/4 thick slices), coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- In a 9-1/2-inch-diameter nonstick ovenproof skillet, heat the oil over a medium flame. Add the onion and sauté until translucent, about 4 minutes. Add the potato, garlic, salt, and pepper, and sauté over medium-low heat until the potato is tender and golden, about 15 minutes.
- Preheat the broiler. In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs, cream, Parmesan cheese, pancetta, and basil to blend. Stir the egg mixture into the potato mixture in the skillet. Cover and cook over medium-low heat until the egg mixture is almost set but the top is still runny, about 2 minutes. Place the skillet under the broiler and broil until the top is set and golden brown, about 4 minutes. Using a rubber spatula, loosen the frittata from the skillet and slide it onto a plate.
- Cut the frittata into wedges and serve.
Have you made this recipe?I'd love to know! Leave a comment or recipe rating and tag me @amenuforyou on social media!