In addition for making great crostini, we tossed some of the leftover paste with pasta for dinner that next night and it was delicious. I think it would be especially good in a cold pasta dish, like a salad.
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and smashed
- 1 cup large green pitted olives
- 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed and drained
- 1 15-ounce can of artichoke hearts, drained
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 large slices of crusty bread
Preheat the oven to 400°F.
In a food processor, process the garlic, olives, capers, artichoke hearts and olive oil to a coarse paste.
Toast the bread on the oven rack for 6 minutes, or until crisp and browned. Spread the olive paste thickly over the toasts and serve.
Do ahead: The olive paste can be refrigerated for 2 days. Let it return to room temperature before using.
Adapted from Mario Batali