Carrots tossed with cumin and turmeric are the perfect vegetable to go with the chicken
- 2 bunches of carrots – you can use regular orange, or multicolor
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- Italian flat leaf parsley, about 2 tablespoons, chopped
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- You can use a regular medium size sauté pan, but if you have a cast iron pan this is the time to pull it out, dust it off and heat over medium-high heat.
- Scrub the carrots really well, and, if the greens are still attached at the top, cut them off. If using organic carrots there’s no need to peel the skin, or you can peel the skin if you’d rather. I like to leave the skin on for some extra vitamin goodness.
- Put the carrots in the cast iron pan and drizzle generously with olive oil until the carrots glisten. Sprinkle the cumin and turmeric over the carrots and toss to coat.
- Cook until the carrots can be easily pierced with a fork, about 10-15 minutes. Every few minutes gently shake the pan, so the carrots get brown and caramelized on all sides.
- Remove from heat and season with salt, pepper and parsley.
Have you made this recipe?I'd love to know! Leave a comment or recipe rating and tag me @amenuforyou on social media!