This versatile veggie dish is the perfect side dish for almost any protein.......from fish to chicken to meat.
Mustard Roasted Cauliflower (Side Dish)
No ratings yet
Total Time: 35 minutes minutes
- 1 head of cauliflower
- olive oil
- 1/2 stick of butter
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard (you can substitute whole grain mustard)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut the head of cauliflower to separate the florets. You can either leave them whole, or cut them into large chunks. Spread out the cauliflower on a sheet pan and drizzle with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and with your hands toss the cauliflower until it’s well coated with the oil, salt and pepper.
- Roast for about 10 minutes until the cauliflower starts to turn a light brown. While the cauliflower is roasting, melt the butter in a small saucepan. When the butter is melted whisk in the mustard, lemon juice and season with salt and pepper. Taste and feel free to add more mustard or lemon juice (or BOTH!) depending on you and your family like.
- When the cauliflower is a light brown, remove from oven and drizzle the mustard butter sauce over the cauliflower. ** If you’re also making the Pecan Crusted Filet of Sole reserve some of the mustard butter sauce to drizzle over the cooked sole.
- With a spoon toss the cauliflower in the mustard butter sauce to ensure all the florets are well coated. Put the cauliflower back in the oven and continue roasting for another 15-20 minutes, until the cauliflower turns golden brown.
Have you made this recipe?I'd love to know! Leave a comment or recipe rating and tag me @amenuforyou on social media!