- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons capers, coarsely chopped
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 lb. green beans, trimmed
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Whisk together oil, capers, lemon juice, salt, and pepper in a large measuring cup. I like to use a measuring cup instead of a bowl because it’s much easier to pour the dressing over the cooked beans. Set vinaigrette aside.
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil; add beans and cook till tender, 3-4 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to a large bowl of ice water. This prevents the beans from continuing to cook.
- Drain beans and toss with vinaigrette; adjust seasoning to taste and garnish with zest and slivered almonds.
Have you made this recipe?I'd love to know! Leave a comment or recipe rating and tag me @amenuforyou on social media!