Simple and compliments fish beautifully.
Basmati Rice with Herbs (Side Dish)
No ratings yet
Total Time: 25 minutes minutes
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter or olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 cup long grain basmati rice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/4 cup sliced scallions
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Cook the butter and onions over medium heat until translucent, about 3 minutes. Add the rice and toss until all of the grains are coated with the butter.
- Add the water and salt, cover and cook until the water is absorbed and the rice is tender, about 15 to 20 minutes. Turn off the heat and allow to sit covered for 5 to 10 minutes. Add the scallions and parsley, fluff with a fork, and serve.
Have you made this recipe?I'd love to know! Leave a comment or recipe rating and tag me @amenuforyou on social media!