The sweet soy glaze compliments the bok choy beautifully.
Grilled Bok Choy with Sweet Soy Glaze (Side Dish)
No ratings yet
Total Time: 40 minutes minutes
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup sake
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 inch knob ginger, roughly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, roughly sliced
- 2 scallions, roughly chopped
- 2 pounds baby bok choy, rinsed, dried, and split in half lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Combine the soy sauce, sake, sugar, ginger, garlic, and scallions in a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer over high heat stirring until the sugar dissolves. Reduce to a bare simmer and cook until sauce is syrupy and reduced to about 1/2 cup, about 20 minutes. Strain and discard solids. Reserve sauce.
- Light one chimney full of charcoal. When all the charcoal is lit and covered with gray ash, pour out and arrange the coals on one side of the charcoal grate. Set cooking grate in place, cover grill and allow to preheat for 5 minutes. Clean and oil the grilling grate.
- Toss bok choy with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place on hot side of grill, cut side down and cook until lightly charred, about 45 seconds. Flip and cook until second side is charred, 45 seconds longer. Transfer to cooler side of grill, cover, and continue cooking until tender all the way through with a light crisp bite, 1 to 3 minutes longer. Transfer to a large plate, drizzle with sauce, and serve.
Have you made this recipe?I'd love to know! Leave a comment or recipe rating and tag me @amenuforyou on social media!