Steamed carrots tossed with a glaze of spicy mustard and sweet brown sugar. Easy AND delicious!
Sweet and Spicy Carrots (Side Dish)
No ratings yet
Total Time: 25 minutes minutes
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 10 carrots, scrubbed,peeled and sliced into 1 inch thick pieces
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- Put 2 cups of water in the bottom of a pot. Place steamer over the water. Be sure the water level is lower than the steamer. Place the carrots in the steamer, and steam until they are tender when pierced with a fork. About 7-9 minutes.
- While carrots are steaming, combine the remaining ingredients in a saucepan. Heat over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until sugar is dissolved and ingredients are blended together
- Carefully pull out strainer, pour water out in the sink, and put carrots in the pot. Pour the mustard/sugar/butter sauce over the carrots. Toss to coat and season with salt and pepper.
Have you made this recipe?I'd love to know! Leave a comment or recipe rating and tag me @amenuforyou on social media!