The acidity from the citrus and raspberry vinegar, pair perfectly with sweet beets.
- 12 beets
- 3 tablespoons good olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves, minced
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
- Juice of 1 large orange
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Remove the tops and the roots of the beets and peel each one with a vegetable peeler. Cut the beets in 1 1/2-inch chunks. (Small beets can be halved, medium ones cut in quarters, and large beets cut in eighths.)
- Place the cut beets on a baking sheet and toss with the olive oil, thyme leaves, salt, and pepper. Roast for 35 to 40 minutes, turning once or twice with a spatula, until the beets are tender.
- Remove from the oven and immediately toss with the vinegar and orange juice.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and serve warm.
Have you made this recipe?I'd love to know! Leave a comment or recipe rating and tag me @amenuforyou on social media!