Now, just when you didn't think the tender, flavor effusive salmon could get any better, drizzle with your leftover sweet and tangy Asian BBQ glaze.
Asian Salmon BarbecuePrint Grocery List Print Recipe
- 4 skinless salmon filets (4-6 oz. each)
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil, divided
- For the Marinade/Glaze
- 2 tablespoons Asian sweet chili sauce (like Mae Ploy)
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 3 tablespoons quality hoisin sauce like Lee Kum Kee or Kikkoman
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sriracha
- Prepared sticky rice
Whisk together all of the marinade/glaze ingredients plus 2 teaspoon sesame oil. Add 1/3 cup of marinade to a freezer bag with salmon. Refrigerate the rest separately. Marinate salmon for one hour up to overnight (longer the better).
When ready to cook, let salmon sit at room temperature for 10 minutes.
Lightly grease grill and heat grill to medium heat. Pat salmon dry. Grill, uncovered, for 4 to 6 minutes per 1/2-inch thickness or until fish begins to flake when tested with a fork, flipping once halfway through grilling. When done, remove from grill and brush with Glaze and season with freshly cracked salt and pepper.