Marinating the watermelon in lemon juice, honey and balsamic brings out the inherent sweetness of the watermelon. Adding feta, mint, and red onion balances savory flavors, so each bite is a little bit sweet and a little bit savory.
Savory Watermelon Salad with PistachiosPrint Grocery List Print Recipe
- For the Marinated Watermelon
- 10 cubes of watermelon (or any shape you want!)
- Juice of one lemon
- 4 mint leaves, cut into ribbons
- 1 tablepsoon balsamic vinegar
- ½ tbsp honey
- For the salad:
- 1 English cucumber, diced
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta
- 5 mint leaves, cut into ribbons, plus 2-3 extra leaves to use as garnish
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup shelled, salted pistachios, toasted and crushed
- Balsamic vinegar over the top
In a ziploc bag, combine watermelon slices and ingredients for marinade. Allow to marinate a couple of hours or overnight in your fridge.
To make the salad, divide the watermelon and cucumber among 4 plates.
Add feta to each plate, some red onion, a drizzle of balsamic vinegar, pistachios and mint leaves on top.