Tart lemon and sweet blueberries are the most scrumptious pair for this summer dessert. Serve it with a huge dollop of whipped cream and then stand back and watch it disappear.
Blueberry Lemon Tart
No ratings yet
Total Time: 1 hour hour 35 minutes minutes
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Pinch kosher salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, cold, in chunks
- 1 large egg, separated
- 2 tablespoons ice water, plus 1 teaspoon
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice (about 5 lemons)
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 lemon, zested
- Pinch kosher salt
- 1 pint blueberries
- In the bowl of a food processor, pulse the flour, sugar, and salt together.
- Add the butter and continue to pulse until the dough resembles cornmeal. It should be coarse and not hold together at all.
- Then add the egg yolk and 2 tablespoons ice water and pulse again just until the dough holds together. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and let it rest in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough into a 12-inch circle. Using the rolling pin, roll up the dough 1/2 way and gently lay it inside a 10-inch tart pan with a removable bottom. With your fingers, gently press the dough into the edges of the pan and fold the excess dough inside to reinforce the edges. Cover the tart pan with plastic wrap and put it into the refrigerator for another 30 minutes to rest.
- To bake the shell, heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Put the tart pan on a baking sheet and prick the bottom of the dough with a fork.
- Cover the shell with a piece of parchment paper and fill it with pie weights or dry beans.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Take out the parchment and weights. Lightly beat the egg white with 1 teaspoon water and brush it onto the bottom and sides of the tart shell; set aside to cool.
- In a small bowl whisk together the eggs, sugar, lemon juice, cream, zest, and salt.
- Add the blueberries to the cooled tart shell and pour the filling over the blueberries.
- Bake for 35 minutes. The curd should have a slight jiggle when done.
- Cool to room temperature, remove from the tart ring, and serve.
Have you made this recipe?I'd love to know! Leave a comment or recipe rating and tag me @amenuforyou on social media!