That marinade, that scrumptious wine, balsamic, garlic and rosemary marinade, gets another splash of red wine and then reduced down to a luscious sauce to spoon over the top.
Balsamic Grilled Flat Iron Steak
No ratings yet
Total Time: 23 minutes minutes
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup dry red wine, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 pound flat iron steak
- In a bowl whisk together garlic, extra virgin olive oil, balsamic, 1/4 cup red wine, 1 tablespoon chopped rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Place flat iron steak in a resealable plastic bag. Pour marinade over the top. Shake to coat steak in marinade. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- When you're ready to cook, preheat your grill to medium-high heat.
- Place the steak on the grill and reserve the marinade. Cook steak 3 - 4 minutes per-side for medium rare. Remove steak from grill and let rest for 10 minutes. Remember the steak will continue to cook a bit while resting
- Meanwhile, pour marinade into a skillet over medium heat. Pour in remaining 1/4 cup of red wine. Bring to a boil and allow to cook until it reduces by half, 5 - 10 minutes. Stir in remaining tablespoon of fresh rosemary. Remove from heat.
- After steak has rested, slice it against the grain into 1/2 inch slices. Spoon sauce over the top and serve.
Have you made this recipe?I'd love to know! Leave a comment or recipe rating and tag me @amenuforyou on social media!