Love this recipe! It's like a lemon bar and a lemon souffle all in one.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 lemon, grated rind and juice
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 350. In a large bowl, cream butter.
- Add sugar, flour salt, lemon juice and rind.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg yolks; stir in milk. Slowly add second mixture to first mixture.
- Beat egg whites until stiff; gently fold into mixture.
- Pour into ramekins or individual souffle dishes and place in pan of hot water. Bake in "moderate" oven (350, in my case) for 45 minutes. You will have a layer of lemon custard, with gorgeous, lightly browned sponge on top. Let cool a bit.
- Turn out and serve with whipped cream, or serve still in the dish.
Have you made this recipe?I'd love to know! Leave a comment or recipe rating and tag me @amenuforyou on social media!