This salad will transport you to the South of France. Tuna is tossed with hard boiled egg, olives, green beans and potatoes and it all comes together with a tangy vinagrette. Feeling fancy? Use ahi tuna and add capers at the end.
- 2 cans of good-quality white albacore tuna
- A generous handful of haricot vertes (French green beans)
- 3 red potatoes
- 15 cherry tomatoes
- 2 heads lettuce (I like to use romaine and butter)
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup of your favorite olives
- 8 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon
- 1 garlic clove
- Salt & pepper
- Place eggs in a medium pot, cover with water and bring to a boil. Once the water is boiling, turn off the heat and let the eggs sit for 7 minutes. After 7 minutes put the pot in the sink and run cold water into it to cool the eggs and stop the cooking. With a slotted spoon, remove the eggs from the pot, and when they are cool enough to handle, peel and quarter.
- Using the same pot you boiled the eggs, add the potatoes, cover with water and bring to a boil. Boil until you can pierce the potatoes easily with a fork. Remove potatoes and set in a strainer to let them cool. When they are cool enough to handle, either slice them or quarter them, whichever you prefer.
- Fill the same pot you used for the eggs and potatoes with water, cover and bring to a boil. When the water is boiling, add a generous pinch of salt and then add the green beans. Boil for 2-3 minutes until the beans become bright green, but are still a tad crunchy. Set the beans aside to cool.
- Wash the lettuce and tear the leaves apart into bite size pieces, then slice the tomatoes. Put all the lettuce in the bottom of a large salad bowl, lay the tomatoes across the top, along with the quartered eggs, sliced potatoes and green beans. Sprinkle the olives over the top. Add the tuna and drizzle with about ½ of the dressing. Serve immediately, with extra dressing on the side.
Have you made this recipe?I'd love to know! Leave a comment or recipe rating and tag me @amenuforyou on social media!