This summer salad has all the components for a refreshing, healthy addition to any meal. Crispy, homemade croutons, salty olives, the licorice crunch of fennel with the added crunch of radicchio. All tied together with a light and bright herb citrus vinaigrette.
Radicchio, Fennel and Olive PanzanellaPrint Grocery List Print Recipe
- 6 oz. country-style bread, torn into bite-size pieces (about 4 cups)
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest
- ½ cup olive oil, divided
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 small head radicchio, torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 small fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves with tender stems
- ½ cup green olives, pitted, halved
- 3 oz. aged Manchego cheese, shaved
Preheat oven to 400°. Toss bread with lemon zest and ¼ cup oil on a rimmed baking sheet; season with salt and pepper. Bake, tossing occasionally, until crisp on the outside but still chewy in the center, 8–10 minutes. Let cool.
Whisk shallot, lemon juice, vinegar, and oregano in a large bowl; season with salt and pepper. Whisk in remaining ¼ cup oil.
Add radicchio, fennel, parsley, olives, cheese, and bread to dressing; toss to combine.
Make Ahead: Salad can be dressed the night before. Cover and chill.
Recipe from Bon Appetit, Dawn Perry