This salads base is fresh blackberries starting out with a blackberry balsamic vinaigrette that is used both to marinate the chicken and as the dressing for the salad! The salad is filled out with lettuce, avocado, nuts, onions and goat cheese along with the grilled chicken and of course plenty of fresh blackberries.
Blackberry Balsamic Grilled Chicken Salad with Crispy Fried Goat CheesePrint Grocery List Print Recipe
- FOR THE BLACKBERRY BALSAMIC VINAIGRETTE DRESSING:
- 1/2 cup blackberries
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon tamari or soy sauce
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- FOR THE FRIED GOAT CHEESE:
- 8 ounces goat cheese, either sliced into 1/4 inch thick discs or formed into small balls
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs (or breadcrumbs)
- FOR THE SALAD:
- 1/2 pound chicken breasts
- 6 cups lettuce
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1/4 cup red onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup walnuts (or pistachios or almonds)
FOR THE BLACKBERRY BALSAMIC VINAIGRETTE DRESSING:
Mix everything well.
FOR THE FRIED GOAT CHEESE:
Dredge the goat cheese slices/balls in the flour and coat in egg followed by breadcrumbs and fry in oil over medium heat until lightly golden brown before setting aside on paper towels to drain.
FOR THE SALAD:
Marinate the chicken in half of the vinaigrette for 30 minutes to over night before grilling over medium-high heat until cooked and slightly charred, about 2-5 minutes per side, and setting aside to cool and slice.
Assemble the salad and enjoy!
Recipe from Closet Cooking