These are an amazing addition to any charcuterie platter! They may seem challenging to make, but, I promise you, they're incredibly easy. Grab your kids, spouse, roommate or significant other to help out -- don't forget to put on some fun music and open a bottle of wine!
- 3 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto, cut into 30 long, thin strips
- 30 asparagus spears, trimmed (blanch for two minutes)
- 2 sheets of puff pastry, thawed
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
Place 1 puff pastry sheet on a work surface. Cut puff pastry crosswise into thirds to form 3 (4 1/2 x 9inch) rectangles.
Take 1 asparagus spear and wrap one prosciutto strip around it. Place wrapped asparagus across 1 short end of each puff pastry rectangle; roll up jelly-roll fashion.
Arrange rolls on a baking sheet; brush rolls with melted butter and garlic salt and freshly grated parmesan to the top of these before baking.
Bake at 450° for 10 minutes or until pastry has puffed up and is golden brown.
Serve warm or at room temperature.