Green beans are sauteed with garlic and shallots, and then tossed with tomatoes and fresh basil for added freshness.
Sautéed Green Beans with Tomatoes and Basil (Side Dish)
No ratings yet
Total Time: 35 minutes minutes
- 1 ½ pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 large shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- One 14 ½ ounce can diced tomatoes
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil
- Fill a large pot half way with water and bring to a boil. Add the green beans and cook until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Drain the beans and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process. Drain again and set them aside.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Add the shallots and garlic and sauté until tender, about 2 minutes. Add the tomatoes, including their juices, and cook until heated through. This should take about 3 minutes. Add the beans and cook until the juices evaporate and the beans are fork tender, stirring often, about 10 minutes. Stir in the wine and basil and simmer for 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
- Recipe from Giada de Laurentiis, Giada’s Family Dinners
Have you made this recipe?I'd love to know! Leave a comment or recipe rating and tag me @amenuforyou on social media!