Polenta is a staple side dish in Italian cuisine for its versatility and the ability to amp up the flavor with a wide assortment of cheeses and herbs. This version has parsley and Parmesan and is the perfect vehicle for soaking up the addicting Marsala sauce.
Herbed Cheese Polenta (Side Dish)Print Grocery List Print Recipe
- ½ tablespoon salt
- 1 ¼ cup polenta (you can also use yellow cornmeal)
- ¾ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- ¾ cup whole milk (you can also use 2%)
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into slices
- ¼ cup chopped fresh Italian flat leaf parsley
Bring 4 cups water to boil in a large pot. When the water begins to boil, add the salt and gradually whisk in polenta (or cornmeal). Reduce the heat to low and cook, stirring often, until the mixture thickens, about 15 minutes.
Remove from heat and stir in cheese, milk, butter and parsley. Stir until the cheese and butter melt. Taste and season with salt and pepper.