- 2 tablespoons oil
- ½ cup onion, finely diced
- 4 cloves of garlic, peeled and diced
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked white rice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup your favorite chunky salsa
- Heat oil in a large, heavy skillet over medium heat. Stir in onion, and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. When the onion is tender, stir in the garlic and cook until fragrant, another 1-2 minutes.
- Add rice to skillet and cook until the rice begins to brown, stirring often so the rice doesn’t burn. When rice begins to brown, stir in chicken broth and salsa. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer about 20 minutes, until liquid has been absorbed.
- Keep warm until ready to serve.
Have you made this recipe?I'd love to know! Leave a comment or recipe rating and tag me @amenuforyou on social media!