This salad take some time, but I love the heat of the dressing, complimented with crunchy peanuts and three different kinds of greens.
- Lime wedges
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 head Napa cabbage
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 1 head radicchio
- Fried Strips, recipe follows
- 1 cup chopped roasted peanuts
- Cilantro sprigs
For the Chinese Mustard Vinaigrette:
- *1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons dry Chinese mustard
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons light sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 2 large square eggroll wrappers
- Peanut oil
- Prepare the greens. Fill a very large bowl halfway full with ice water. Quarter the Napa cabbage lengthwise and remove the core. Thinly slice the cabbage widthwise and place in the ice water. Repeat this same process for the radicchio. Halve the romaine lettuce lengthwise and then thinly slice. Add to the water. Mix all of the greens well in the ice water and let sit for about 5 minutes. Drain. Place in a clean kitchen towel and dry well. Be careful not to bruise the greens. Refrigerate.
- Mix the green and the vinaigrette and toss until everything is well coated.
- Place a small mound of greens on 4 plates. Top with some of the fried springroll strips, a sprig of cilantro, peanuts, and a lime wedge.
- Chinese Mustard Vinaiagrette
- Place all of the vinaigrette ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Correct the seasonings. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Heat a deep fryer to 375 degrees F. Or fill a deep pot halfway full with oil and heat to 375 degrees F.
- Roll up 2 of the egg roll wrappers and julienne. Fry just until the oil stops sizzling and the strips are golden brown, about 30 seconds. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
Have you made this recipe?I'd love to know! Leave a comment or recipe rating and tag me @amenuforyou on social media!