This should be a staple in everyone's cooking arsenal. A versatile dressing with the tang of mustard and lemon juice, just the right amount of vinegar and olive oil to smooth out the flavor. On a salad, drizzled over veggies, or serve with grilled meat -- it's a good bet you'll fall in love with this vinaigrette.
Mustard Shallot VinaigrettePrint Grocery List Print Recipe
- 1 shallot, minced (you can substitute 1-2 garlic cloves)
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- ½ - 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil, more to taste
In a mason jar, combine shallot, vinegar and mustard. Close tightly and shake well to blend. Add lemon juice, salt and pepper, and shake again.
Add olive oil 1/4 cup at a time, shaking very well after each addition, until the vinaigrette is well blended and emulsified. Taste and add more olive oil, 1/4 cup at a time, if dressing is too tart.
Use immediately or refrigerate up to 3 weeks. Before using, shake well.