This is one of the absolute easiest dips to prepare. Garlic, olive oil, butter and anchovies. Four little ingredients that meld together for big, bold flavor. Sort of like a warm Caesar dressing, but better. Oh, so much better.
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 5 – 7 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 10 anchovies, preserved in olive oil, drained and chopped
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1/3 – ½ cup unsalted butter, cut into small chunks
- Serve with raw veggies and country bread
In a small saucepan, put the oil, garlic and anchovies. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until everything is melded together, about 7-10 minutes.
This should It won’t look pretty, but it’s going to taste amazing! Whisk in 6 tablespoons of butter, and as soon as it has melted, remove from the heat and whisk a few more times until it looks nice and creamy.
This is best served in a dish you can sit on top of a small flame (like a fondue pot), so it stays warm. Dip veggies and bread into it for a perfect appetizer.
Recipe from Nigella Lawson