Did you offer to bring appetizers to the party? These are quick and easy to make and will impress everyone!
Fig and Blue Cheese Savory Treats
No ratings yet
Total Time: 34 minutes minutes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2cup butter, room temperature
4ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- Ground black pepper
- Fig preserves, about 3 Tablespoons
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the flour, butter, blue cheese and a few grinds of black pepper in the bowl of a food processor. Process until the dough just comes together and starts to form a ball. Don’t overmix, or the savouries will be tough, instead of light and flakey.
- Dump the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead a few times to pull the dough together. Roll out to 1/8 inch thick with a floured rolling pin. Cut rounds out of the dough with a floured 1-inch cutter and transfer the rounds to the parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Using the back or a round half-teaspoon measure or your knuckle, make an indentation in the top of each dough round. Spoon about ¼ teaspoon of fig preserves into each indentation.
- Bake them for 10 – 14 minutes, until the preserves are bubbling and the pastry is light golden on the bottom.
- Let cool on the baking sheet for at least 10 minutes, then remove to a wire rack to cool.
- You’ll find fig preserves at the grocery – my local store usually has them with the fancy cheeses.
- You can make these a day ahead and keep them in two layers separated by waxed paper in an airtight container.
- From The Runaway Spoon/Food 52
Have you made this recipe?I'd love to know! Leave a comment or recipe rating and tag me @amenuforyou on social media!