- 1 teaspoon salt
- large head Romaine hearts, cut into 1” squares (Wash individual leaves in warm water, drain and dry in colander and refrigerate.)
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup thinly sliced green onion
- ¾ cup freshly grated Romano cheese
- ¾ cup chopped bacon, cooked
- ½ cup thinly sliced fresh mint*
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced oregano leaves
- ½ cup croutons*
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 coddled egg
- To make the dressing, put the salt, pepper, lemon juice, oil, and coddled egg in a bowl and whisk vigorously, then reserve.
- In a salad bowl, add the prepared romaine, green onion, cheese, bacon, croutons, oregano, and mint. Pour dressing over salad and toss thoroughly.
- Arrange the salad onto chilled plates and finish with cherry tomatoes.
Have you made this recipe?I'd love to know! Leave a comment or recipe rating and tag me @amenuforyou on social media!