An Easy and delicious summer cocktail.
- ½ C fresh blackberries
- 2 Ounces of your favorite Gin (I’m partial to local, small batch Gin)
- 1 ounce simple syrup
- 1½ ounce fresh lemon juice
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle blackberries with gin, lemon juice, simple syrup, until broken up and they release their juice. To make the simple syrup, in a glass-measuring cup put ¼ cup boiling water and ¼ cup sugar. Mix together until sugar dissolves, then measure out 1 oz. for the cocktail.
- Double strain, using a fine mesh strainer, to remove seeds. I find that the strainer in the cocktail shaker isn’t fine enough to ensure all the seeds stay in the shaker. That’s why I strongly advise double straining. After you muddle the berries, pour the berries into a fine mesh strainer. Don’t forget to put a container under the strainer to catch the berries!
- Fill 3-4 glasses with ice. Divide blackberry -gin mix among the glasses, and top with soda. Garnish with a blackberry and lemon zest.
Have you made this recipe?I'd love to know! Leave a comment or recipe rating and tag me @amenuforyou on social media!