Light, fluffy, decadent.....the perfect dessert.
- 8 ounces granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3 egg yolks
- 6 ounces all purpose flour
- 2 ounces cocoa powder
- 1 quart whole milk
- 5 ounces butter
- 4 ounces rum
- 12 egg whites
- 4 ounces granulated sugar
- fresh whipped cream, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat 1 large soufflé ramekin with soft butter. Sprinkle a generous 1-2 tablespoons of granulated sugar inside the ramekin. Over your sink, turn the ramekin upside down to get rid of any excess sugar.
- In a stand mixer, beat sugar with 4 whole eggs and 3 egg yolks until smooth. Add flour and cocoa powder and mix to incorporate.
- In a large pot, bring milk to a boil. Keep watch over the milk, so it doesn’t burn. You need to stir constantly which will help the milk not scorch. When the milk starts to boil, add the sugar/egg mixture, turn down the heat. Simmer over medium low heat until mixture is cooked. This should take about 5-10 minutes
- When the mixture is cooked, remove from heat and stir in butter and rum.
- In a separate large bowl, add the 12 egg whites and beat with 4 ounces of sugar until the whites form stiff peaks. Fold the meringue into the sugar/egg mixture. Pour the mixture into the ramekin.
- Cook soufflé for 25 minutes.
- Serve with fresh whipped cream.
Have you made this recipe?I'd love to know! Leave a comment or recipe rating and tag me @amenuforyou on social media!