This is impossibly moist and has layered flavors of coconut throughout. It's a snack time cake, or serve it for brunch or breakfast.
For the Cake:
- 1½ cups butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract (I used 2)
- 1¾ cups flour
- 2 cups flaked unsweetened coconut
For the Coconut Glaze:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ¼ cup heavy cream (or more if you want it thinner)
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- ½ cup flaked unsweetened coconut, toasted, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Generously grease and flour a bundt pan.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour and flaked coconut. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together butter & sugar. Add eggs and mix until mixture is light and fluffy. Add sour cream, baking powder and coconut extract. Mix well.
- Add half of the flour mixture to creamed mixture, mix well. Add the remaining flour mixture and mix until well combined.
- Let cake batter rest for 5 minutes.
- Pour into prepared pan. Bake for for 60 - 70 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool 25 minutes. Invert onto serving plate.
- Frost with coconut glaze.
- For the glaze: Mix ingredients together. Pour on top of cake and let the glaze drizzle down the sides of the cake. Sprinkle with toasted coconut.
Have you made this recipe?I'd love to know! Leave a comment or recipe rating and tag me @amenuforyou on social media!