It's summertime and time for healthy easy weeknight dinners.
- 1 pound fresh salmon
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons sesame seed
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Fresh lemon juice
- 1 yellow onion, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and cut into large chunks
- 1 orange bell pepper, seeded and cut into large chunks
- Wood or Metal Skewers
- Turn on your BBQ, if it’s gas, or light the brickets if you have a charcoal grill. If the weather isn’t quite BBQ ready, these can also be cooked under your broiler.
- Cut the salmon into 1 inch cubes. In a medium bowl, mix together the red pepper, cumin, dried oregano and sesame seed. Add the cubed salmon to the bowl, and toss so the dry rub coats each piece of salmon.
- Assemble the skewers, alternating salmon, onion, yellow pepper and orange pepper. If using wood skewers be sure to fully soak them for up to 30 minutes before assembling.
- You should have 4-6 skewers when done, depending on how big your skewers are. Lay the completed skewers on a platter and drizzle with olive oil.
- Place on the grill, or on a pan under the broiler. Cook about 2-3 minutes per side.
- When cooked, remove from heat, drizzle with a bit more olive oil and squeeze some lemon juice over the kabobs.
Have you made this recipe?I'd love to know! Leave a comment or recipe rating and tag me @amenuforyou on social media!