Whether it's after a long day of skiing......or a long day at work.....this will hit the spot!
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- Pinch ground cloves
- Pinch salt
- Bottle dark rum (in a pinch I’ve also used Captain Morgan’s)Boiling water
- In a small bowl, cream together the butter, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and salt. Refrigerate until almost firm. Spoon about 2 tablespoons of the butter mixture into 12 small mugs. If you’re snowed in and your guests can’t make it you can keep the mixture refrigerated. I always like to make a big batch of the mixture to keep on hand, so I’m ready for any drop by guests. Pour about 3 ounces of rum into each mug. Top with boiling water, stir well and serve immediately.
- ** If you want your drink to be stronger, you can play with the proportions and add more rum and less water. You can also add less rum and more water.
Have you made this recipe?I'd love to know! Leave a comment or recipe rating and tag me @amenuforyou on social media!