If Mexican Street Corn and a Panzanella salad got together and had a baby......this would be it!
This salad is a mash up of two of my absolute favorites. The corn is lightened up a bit (no mayo), but still has a kick from some jalapeño and deep smokey flavor from roasting it.
Tomatoes add some coolness and a touch of sweetness and homemade croutons add some crunch.
This salad is seriously the PERFECT salad for Summer!!
Have you made it yet?
If you have don't forget to leave a comment and share you pics! Tag your pics #amenuforyou 'cuz I LOVE seeing your tasty creations!
- 2 medium corn cob husked
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil divided plus more for corn
- 3 medium shallots trimmed and cut into paper thin slices
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 2 ounces Crumbled feta or Cotija cheese
- 1/2 medium jalapeño chile thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 8 ounces French baguette or whole wheat ciabatta cut into 1-inch cubes and toasted
- 1/2 ripe avocado diced
- 1 pint sweet tomatoes, halved
- 1 pint fresh figs, optional
- 2 handfuls packed baby kale, spinach, or arugula
- Sea Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
Heat a grill pan or grill to medium heat.
Cut kernels from 1 corn cob and toss with toasted bread, shallot, chile, white balsamic vinegar, and lime juice in a large bowl; season with salt and pepper and set aside.
Combine tomatoes with 2 tablespoons of the oil and season with salt and pepper then set aside until ready to use.
Meanwhile, brush remaining ear of corn with some oil and grill, turning occasionally, until tender and charred in spots, about 8 to 10 minutes.
Set corn aside until cool enough to handle then cut kernels from cobs. Cut off the cooled kernels and add to reserved corn mixture along with avocado, cheese, cilantro, greens and remaining 2 tablespoons of oil.
Toss to combine, season with salt and pepper, taste, and adjust flavors as desired. Serve immediately.