The Sweetness of the pears blend nicely with the walnuts.
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 3 cups torn green leaf lettuce
- 3 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 ripe red Anjou pear, thinly sliced
- Place sugar in a small, heavy saucepan over medium-high heat; cook until sugar dissolves, stirring gently as needed to dissolve sugar evenly (about 1 minute). Continue cooking 1 minute or until golden (do not stir). Remove from heat; carefully stir in nuts to coat evenly. Spread nuts on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray; separate nuts quickly. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Set aside until cool; break into small pieces.
- Combine vinegar and mustard, stirring with a whisk. Gradually add oil, stirring constantly with a whisk.
- Combine lettuces; top with pear and candied walnuts. Drizzle dressing evenly over salad; sprinkle with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper.
- Toss gently to combine.
Have you made this recipe?I'd love to know! Leave a comment or recipe rating and tag me @amenuforyou on social media!