An easy side dish to whip up when you're short on time. A little tang of mustard, the onions get caramelized and the pine nuts add some crunch.
Roasted Cauliflower with Onions and Pine Nuts
No ratings yet
Total Time: 45 minutes minutes
- 1 large head of cauliflower
- 1 yellow onion
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1 large spoonful of mustard
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees. Cut the florets from the cauliflower. You can also thickly slice up the stalk, or save the stalk to use later to make soup or vegetable stock. Cut the onion into thick pieces. If you cut the onion too thin, the pieces will burn before the cauliflower is done. I usually quarter the onion and keep an eye on it. If pieces start to look a bit too charred, I remove them and set them aside in a bowl.
- On a large rimmed sheet pan, toss the cauliflower florets with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon pepper, and the onion pieces.
- Roast for about 20-30 minutes. While it’s roasting, melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in the mustard and keep warm on very low heat while the cauliflower roasts.
- When the cauliflower starts browning, remove the pan from the oven, drizzle the butter/mustard over the cauliflower/onion and toss to incorporate. Put back in the oven and continue to roast for another 15-20 minutes until the cauliflower is a deep golden brown.
- Remove from heat, scoop the cauliflower/onion into a large bowl and sprinkle the pine nuts over the top.
Have you made this recipe?I'd love to know! Leave a comment or recipe rating and tag me @amenuforyou on social media!