Right before you serve a pizza with an egg on it, break up the egg with a spoon and spread the gooey insides all over the pizza for equal egg distribution! Perfection!! And if you’re anti-egg on your pizza just leave it off and carry on your merry way!
Spring Pizza with Peas and ProsciuttoPrint Grocery List Print Recipe
- 1 recipe fresh pizza dough (I use Trader Joe’s)
- 1/3 cup Basil Vinaigrette1 cup fresh mozzarella, sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh peas, blanched
- 1 bunch asparagus, tips only, blanched
- 2 eggs
- 4 ounces prosciutto
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Fresh Basil, torn into pieces
Shape the dough into 2 medium-ish pizzas while on a clean floured surface. Let the dough sit for 5 minutes and then re-form to make sure it's as big as you'd like. Place the pizza dough on a lightly floured rimless baking sheet, or pizza peel.
Spread the basil vinaigrette over the top of each pizza. Top with the mozzarella, scatter the peas and asparagus on top of the cheese. Transfer to an oven and cook for about 5 minutes. Remove the pizza and add the egg on top of each pizza and transfer them back into the oven to continue to cook until the egg white is set and the yolk still runny .
Remove from the oven, Add the prosciutto on top and garnish with basil.